We are looking for our next On Call Wardrobe Technician to join our O Show Wardrobe team. The main objective of this role is to pre-set costume pieces, dress the artists for the performances and perform laundry and cleaning tasks.
We are looking for our next On Call Wardrobe Technician to join our O Show Wardrobe team. The main objective of this role is to pre-set costume pieces, dress the artists for the performances and perform laundry and cleaning tasks. The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills as well as refined technical skills in costume maintenance and repair. As an ambassador of the O Wardrobe Team you will work in collaboration with the artists and other technical teams to achieve a smooth-running show both on-stage and off.
Why join us as an OWardrobe Technician?
If you enjoy using your show theatrical skills with a team of industry professionals, this could be a position for you. You will be applying your show trainingand costuming training in a creative environment on one of our most popular LegacyShows in Las Vegas. Come join us for the amazing Water Adventure that is O.
The Wardrobe Technician will:
· Work show tracks which will include: dressing, cleaning, laundering, repair/maintenance of costumes, headpieces and accessories, pre-show costume check and pre-set and running show tracks, nightly show laundry and closing procedures
· Maintain cue track documentation and participate in cue track rotation and trainings, as directed;
· Repair and maintain costume pieces as needed using the professional tools and machinery provided
· Attend artists trainings and show staging sessions, when needed;
· Document maintenance practices and repair notes, as needed;
· Assist with the inventory, ordering and tracking of the department's supplies and equipment;
· Maintain a flexible schedule for work calls, including costume maintenance, show calls and PR events;
· Maintain a safe working environment at all times, by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures; Be available for required yearly safety classes;
· Help with organization and cleanliness of the workspace;
· Perform all other job-related duties as needed, such as: updating tracking time tracking systems, assist in tracking and inventory of shop supplies, assisting in PR events, updating inventory sheets when needed, and keeping updated on yearly OSHA classes.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Prior Show Dressing, laundry and wardrobe experience from a large-scale theatrical production
· Working knowledge of costume/shoe repair, painting, makeup, theatrical wigs, and millinery.
· Previous experience working with home/commercial sewing machines and specialty machines;
· At least 3 years of previousexperience as a professional costume dresser, including experience in costume repairs and maintenance for a large-scale production show;
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with co-workers;
· Professional appearance and demeanor;
· Availability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays;
· High School diploma or equivalent;
· Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
· 10-hour OSHA course completion card required;
· Previous experience working in a multicultural group environment;
· Previous experience working in a similar theatrical setting.