WKYC in Cleveland is looking for a highly-skilled video part-time editor who can create exciting content for television, social media, and mobile.
Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest editing tools and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news-gathering tools and are able to edit all elements for a fast-paced and highly produced newscast.
- Using the latest editing and photography tools.
- Creative storytelling with the highest journalistic standards.
- Using creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, bumpers and some promotional material.
- Encoding video for web and mobile distribution.
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius is a plus.
- ENG shooting experience is also a plus.
- Maintaining and being responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy.
- Have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or news managers.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience in photojournalism, non-linear editing, and content management systems
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Demonstrated social media proficiency
- Demonstrated news judgment, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Light work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.