The Part-time Production Assistant will mainly work in screening and operating the audio board with the opportunity to assist with and support the radio production of assigned talk shows, podcasts and/or remote sports events.
Audio / Music / Sound
Sep 20, 2022
- Works cutting and editing actualities, play-by-play highlights and audio from ESPN shows.
- Will make decisions regarding the most appropriate audio cuts for ESPN Radio.
- Occasionally serves as an associate producer for radio productions.
- Assists ESPN Radio producers by generating story ideas, providing research materials for interviews, assisting with guest booking, producing show elements and operating the control board.
- Researches sports information and obtains materials necessary for aspects of productions.
- When directed, will operate the audio board
- When directed, occasionally serves as an associate producer for radio productions and podcasts.
- May contribute to creative concepts of radio shows and podcasts.
- May work with our Imaging team on promos and/or show production.
- Must have solid sports knowledge of NFL, NBA, CFB, MLB and other sports.
- Must be able to show good news judgement based on the top stories of the day.
- Work is subject to scrutiny and is closely supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
Qualifications: A minimum of 1 year in commercial production and a minimum of 1 year working at a network or local radio facility.
Preferred Qualifications: A minimum of 2 years working at a commercially operated, local or network radio facility
Required Education College degree or Equivalent.
Additional Information: Will work holiday, nights, and weekend shifts.