KGW, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Portland, OR is seeking a Part-Time Video Editor. Strong candidates understand how news video exists on three screens (television, internet, mobile), and are prepared to edit/produce on all three.
Portland, Oregon Area
Sep 07, 2022
Qualified candidates must be ready and able to quickly create high quality content and the content must be ready for air or web-posting in a timely manner. This position will work a minimum of 20 hours/week primarily on KGW’s morning show.
- Creative story telling of the highest journalist standards
- Editing, filing and posting a variety of video elements including voice-overs, packages, high-end animations and bumpers.
- Encode video for web and mobile distribution
- Ability to operate non-linear edit systems, experience with Edius and Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus
- ENG shooting experience is also a plus
- Maintain and be responsible for all issued station equipment and vehicles, in accordance with policy
- Must have a professional demeanor and work well/as a team player with news team and staff at all times.
- Ability to multi-task, handling editing assignments and capturing feeds and FTP material from multiple TEGNA stations, while constantly monitoring quality control.
- Must have experience as a non-linear editor – preferably in a local TV news department environment.
- Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
- Create complex graphics and animation, utilizing independent judgment, creativity, and computer technology.
- Operate live-stream broadcasts.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to work overnights.
- We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving and a strong work ethic.
- Experience in Edius, Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
Day, Evening, Overnight