WEWS, The E.W. Scripps affiliate in Cleveland, Ohio, is looking for an Editor to join our team. The Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
Cleveland/Akron, Ohio Area
Mar 16, 2023
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
- Work with producers, multi-media journalists and photojournalists to ensure a high quality product consistent with station's brand.
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera and video editing equipment.
- Maintain video archive filing system.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to the television station web site.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- React to breaking news on an immediate basis.
- Gather story related materials (sound and video) on a timely basis.
- Coordinate remote and studio events, creating synergy between remote and studio productions.
- Collaborate with affiliates on breaking news stories, sharing of information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Associate's degree in journalism or related field.
- 3 years experience in related field preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficiency in non-linear, editing, including Final Cut Pro.