WTXF TV is seeking a skilled Per Diem Engineering Technician to fill a variety of production and/or operational roles to support our live studio productions and prep materials for air on our station.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Philadelphia Area
Apr 26, 2023
WTXF TV is seeking a skilled Per Diem Engineering Technician to fill a variety of production and/or operational roles to support our live studio productions and prep materials for air on our station. Roles may include, technical director, audio board operator, floor direction, technical operations coordinator, master control operator, or program prep/ingest operator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safe and proper operation of various broadcast equipment and systems.
- Ability to target and perform system checks of robotic camera systems.
- Ability to operate production switcher and audio console.
- Switch on air programming, commercials and promotional materials as directed by station log.
- Tune in and troubleshoot satellite receivers to record programs for air and spot check for quality.
- Tune in and troubleshoot microwave and IP-delivered live shots and feeds.
- Operate and monitor remote transmitter.
- Observe and maintain video and audio levels to FCC specifications.
- Observe on air monitor to ascertain problems with transmission such as loss of audio or video signals, and press buttons to access and transmit technical difficulties sign or station identification to viewing audience.
- Identify and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Prepare report describing problems encountered during transmission of program or station break and reason for problems. Describe problems and solutions using thorough, clear and concise language comprehensible to non-technical personnel.
- Transfer programming and commercials from server to automation system. Check timing of segments on programming. Notify supervisor of any problems during this process.
- Regularly set up, adjust, assemble, control, test and operate station equipment to meet on-air broadcast requirements.
- Maintain high degree of quality control.
- Perform FCC required compliance procedures.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry changes.
- Some College Preferred
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance.
- Complete non-exempt time sheet completely, accurately and on deadline.
- Work varied hours, holidays, weekends and during severe weather situations as needed and/or scheduled.