KCBS/KCAL is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time Staff Photographer with great multitasking and storytelling abilities! The primary duty of this camera technician will be working with News Reporters and Producers and involves shooting quality, compelling and creative visual content.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Dec 28, 2023
KCBS/KCAL is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time Staff Photographer with great multitasking and storytelling abilities! The primary duty of this camera technician will be working with News Reporters and Producers and involves shooting quality, compelling and creative visual content. This video photographer will travel light and work quickly, and the ideal candidate should be adaptable and nimble enough to capture fleeting moments. We are seeking someone proficient in shooting, lighting, and editing who can bring compelling stories to life.
They must possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great outlook. A passion for storytelling is essential. The camera technician is also to respond to breaking news stories when the situation warrants. This position must be able to contribute to original reporting, enterprise stories, and have the ability to work well under pressure to make deadlines.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to direct lighting, set overall visual look and related technical specifications for projects, and sound as a one-person crew or as part of a team.
- Ensure that all pictures and sounds are of the highest quality and properly recorded.
- Work closely with Talent and Producers by providing support logistics and shot requirements.
- Operate ENG vehicles.
- Maintain all gear including crew vehicles, working with appropriate departments to keep all gear up to date and in working order.
- Able to trouble-shoot quickly and effectively in a variety of circumstances.
- Work under deadline pressure.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working as an ENG photographer in a large market.
- Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen and provide constructive criticism.
- In-depth knowledge of existing and evolving newsgathering technologies.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
- Experience in logistics, special event planning and execution.
- Must have a valid US driver's license with unrestricted ability to drive.
- Must have valid US passport and the unrestricted ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to lift 50 plus lbs. of newsgathering equipment.
- Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines in all kinds of possible weather conditions.
- Travel for production (hostile environments are possible.
- Training provided). Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.
- Able to travel for assignments that could last days or weeks and abroad.
- Applicants must provide a link to examples of their recent work.
Hiring Salary Range: $55.37/hr.