WFMY News 2, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in Greensboro, NC, is looking for a highly skilled and artistic visual storyteller! We are seeking a photographer and editor who can create unique and exciting content for television, social media, our website, and our streaming platform. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team.
WFMY News 2, the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in Greensboro, NC, is looking for a highly skilled and artistic visual storyteller! We are seeking a photographer and editor who can create unique and exciting content for television, social media, our website, and our streaming platform. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. We want photographers who bring new ideas for the future of journalism. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. Our ideal candidate needs to be proficient with live news gathering tools and can participate in live performances on air/online, when necessary.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories, including Edius and Adobe Products
• Produce original content for use on-air and on all digital platforms that evokes emotion
• Tell locally-driven stories that are both unique and compelling.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance storytelling
• Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
• Edit and post stories for website – both video stories and text stories
• Work effectively in a team environment
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
• Current driver’s license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or a related field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Demonstrate social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on X and Facebook
• Demonstrate news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Critical thinking skills the help make smart, efficient decisions
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• Must be able to handle the physical demands of a photojournalist
Travel: Frequent: More than 25
Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions.
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.