KENS5, the the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a highly skilled Photojournalist to join our news team. We are seeking creative, artistic photographers and editors who can create unique, shareable content for television, social media, and mobile.
KENS5, the the TEGNA owned CBS affiliate in San Antonio, Texas is looking for a highly skilled Photojournalist to join our news team. We are seeking creative, artistic photographers and editors who can create unique, shareable content for television, social media, and mobile. We want journalists who can tell great stories on their own or with a team. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. They are proficient with live news gathering tools and can participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Contact sources and develop news stories. Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories. Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
• Edit and post video and text content stories for the website.
• Develop news sources for general assignment and specialized areas of interest.
• Perform other tasks as required.
• Current driver’s license and ability to operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
• BA/BS/AAA/AAS in journalism, communications or related field preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience preferred. This is not an entry-level position.
• Experience in editing, photography, and content management systems
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Member and active participant in NPPA preferred
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills.
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
Work Environment: Moderate risk
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.