KNBC has an opportunity for an ENG News field photographer to join our and News operations team.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Mar 27, 2023
- The field photographer will work closely with News operations, management, On-Air reporters and other newsroom personnel to gather high-quality and informative news stories to be used on all media platforms.
- The Ideal candidate will be held to the highest journalistic standards.
- Field photographers also work on other station projects as assigned.
- Adhere to company safety and daily operational policies .
- Minimum 5 years of experience in News camera/field photography
- Must be fully knowledgeable in all aspects of ENG field operations
- Must be proficient working with Edius edit, Dalet and Adobe Premiere
- Must be proficient in digital video workflows (FTP, Bonded-Cellular, and/or IP connectivity)
- Must be able to operate a microwave truck and other vehicles in a safe manner
- Job requires the ability to perform well outside in all kinds of weather and with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- Ability to lift various equipment up to 35 LBS
- Must be fluent in Spanish read and write
- Must be self-motivated, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles and surrounding area.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement between the Company and the National Association of Broadcast Employees and Technicians Union (NABET). Successful candidate will be required to join the NABET Union if not already a member and remain a member in good standing of that union
- Must be able to work weekends, longer hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Degree in broadcast journalism/Production, Military or related education/work experience. .
- Excellent photographer in Newsgathering sense, News production, station promotions and other general station projects as assigned
- Work independently and capture informative and reliable newsgathering pictures and audio for broadcast
- Exceptional knowledge navigating the Internet and working with computers and digital equipment
- Work with others efficiently under daily and deadline pressure
- Productively excel within a fast-paced and multi-cultural broadcast operations and local news team environment
- Solve technical issues in the field