The Photographer/Director gathers news for broadcast, web and other platforms of the future. The successful candidate must be able to shoot stories in a compelling and brand-focused.
Live Event / On Location Services
Saginaw, Michigan Area
Oct 20, 2023
- The Photographer/Director gathers news for broadcast, web and other platforms of the future.
- The successful candidate must be able to shoot stories in a compelling and brand-focused.
- This person must be able to operate an ENG truck.
- In addition, this person oversees the operation of the Ignite automation system and will execute live newscasts and special projects from that terminal.
- The Photographer/Editor also performs non-linear editions of promotion and news elements, enters graphics into newscast rundowns using MOS, and creates pre-production elements.
- You'll also photograph and edit news, weather, and sports materials.
- Transmits and records news weather and sports videos and/or audio feeds, including ENG feeds. Operates LiveU, ENG and or SNG van and associated equipment.
- Sets up and operates lighting equipment.
- Performs limited newsgathering functions.
- Operates and maintains Ignite automation during the newscast.
- Directs and switches live newscasts and special project reports to ensure all show elements are executed flawlessly.
- Troubleshoots technical issues as they occur.
- Collaborates with promotion and news employees to develop pre-production elements.
- Directs special projects. Performs non-linear editing (and associated functions) for promotion, commercial ingestion and duplication, satellite operations, promo ingestion, news and sales projects.
- Utilizes graphics in support of the branding and editorial philosophy of the station’s newscast.
Please note - the primary job responsibilities include but are not limited to the duties listed above
▪️ Completion of high school, or equivalent. Bachelor's degree in broadcast television production or media a plus. Minimum two years experience in a live broadcast television environment with hands-on experience as photographer and in a control room including switching, audio, graphics, character generator, robotics, and automated rundown software preferred.
▪️ Non-linear editing experience preferred. Experience operating and maintaining Ignite automation tools and software preferred.
- Bachelors or better in Communication or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Film and Video Production or related field.
- Bachelors or better in Journalism or related field.
- 2 years: 2 years work experience in live broadcast