Five on Your Side, a news leader on air and on line in St. Louis, is recruiting an experienced photographer/editor to join our team for vacation relief.
Greater St. Louis Area
Jun 06, 2022
We are seeking a highly skilled artistic photographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want a journalists who can tell great stories independently or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. Our hire is proficient with live news gathering tools and is able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary. A flexible schedule is highly desirable.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Take the place of others on vacation. Some assignments and shifts could be for a few weeks, others could be a single day or in between.• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multiskilled journalists.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Operate live units and tvu's.
- Perform other tasks as required by Chief Photographer, or other News Managers and Assignment Editors.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Experience with Edius and/or Adobe Premiere, a plus
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- SNG experience, a plus
- Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.