The Scripps National Team is looking for a creative and talented photojournalist. If you are ready to take your photography and storytelling abilities to the next level, this is the job for you.
Greater San Diego Area
Sep 26, 2022
We are a shop that loves storytelling, and our reporters and photographers have the opportunity to travel the county. The photojournalist will capture and edit stories for multiple platforms on a national level. These stories will be distributed to Scripps stations across the country. This position is based in San Diego.
We value strong storytelling that focuses on characters that connect the viewer to the emotional content. We want to see strong material that showcases creativity. We seek national award-winning candidates with advanced shooting techniques.
A link to your reel must be included in your application materials and should showcase storytelling and the following requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
- Work closely with newsroom personnel to create and develop news and enterprise stories.
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to DSLR Cameras, ENG cameras, and video editing software.
- Operate TVU remote live equipment or similar in the field.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Drive company vehicle for business purposes.
- Travel an average of two times a month which includes overnight travel.
- Drive rental cars for business purposes..
- Use Final Cut Pro, Motion for editing.
- Utilize graphics software packages for enhanced editing and appealing visual content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a top 30 market.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficiency with lighting and advanced computer-based editing, including Final Cut Pro, Apple Motion.
- Proficiency with live broadband technologies.
- Must be able and willing to travel overnight for shoots.
- Must be able to travel outside the United States, if necessary.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
- FAA drone license or ability to obtain license upon hire.
Day, Evening, Overnight