Are you a dynamic News Producer who wants to tell stories with integrity, live the principles of journalism, make our communities stronger and the world around us better? If so, come join us at WFTS, our ABC affiliate in Tampa, Florida, where we are continuing to create the future of our industry in local communities! We are looking for an experienced Producer to join our team.
Tampa/St. Petersburg, Florida Area
Feb 09, 2022
We have hikers, rock climbers, mountain bikers, kayakers, runners, skiers, surfers, gamers, musicians, actors, swimmers and every other mixture of diversity you can think of – we are a community of welcoming, mission-focused and lively people that continue to grow as we grow our company and rise to our full potential in every aspect of our business.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
- You are intrigued as you are already two paragraphs in and reading this job description.
- You let us know you are interested (apply, email, call, shout it from the rooftops).
- We call you and ask you to tell us more about yourself.
- You talk with more incredible team members.
- You meet the team in-person (and sometimes via Zoom or Facetime – technology is SO COOL these days).
- You tell everyone about your AH-mazing candidate experience and how thrilled you are to become a part of the Scripps team.
- Your friends jump on the bandwagon and join us too.
- Passion for the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related experience.
- 2 years of experience as a television writer or producer.
- A local news junkie mentality: knowing news of the day; having vision and ability to advance the big story.
- Above all, you love to write … a word smith, grammar guru, courageous and creative storyteller.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Arrive at the station.
- Begin preparing for airtime – lead story, showcasing, multiplatform coverage, all the entertaining pieces.
- Collaborate with reporters, anchors, news managers, assignment editors and the digital team to determine content and multiplatform needs.
- Make the broadcast shine with graphics, video, research and station branding.
- Work alongside your amazing team to prep for a flawless show.
- Throw all the above out the window because breaking news just happened.
- Respond to and cover above-mentioned breaking news.
- Go home, get some rest and get ready to come back and have a totally different day tomorrow.
- From community outreach to professional development, Scripps is a place where creativity has taken over and you will have the chance to write your own story.
- Your opportunities here are as endless as your imagination and initiative.
- Our goal is to hire the best, to spark passion for your job and to nourish your career with tools to help you learn and excel.
- We are all about professional integrity. It is the cornerstone of a journalist’s credibility.
- Tell a friend and both of you can work here. Our employee referral program is pretty fantastic! Share this because we are ALWAYS looking for the BEST talent out there.