WHYY is seeking a podcast associate producer for the newly formed Digital Studios department at WHYY. This position is responsible for supporting audio production for WHYY’s digital properties, including longform and limited-series narrative podcasts.
WHYY is seeking a podcast associate producer for the newly formed Digital Studios department at WHYY. This position is responsible for supporting audio production for WHYY’s digital properties, including longform and limited-series narrative podcasts. The position may specialize in project management, editing, recording, writing or talent activities or a combination thereof. The ideal candidate has hands-on production experience, proficiency with audio equipment, familiarity with content management systems including Airtable, and proficiency editing in ProTools. You will collaborate with editorial and social teams to ensure brand consistency. You're able to assist on recording sessions and have a basic understanding of the production process for digital content. You bring flexibility and an open mind to shared projects. You welcome feedback and build efficiencies within your environment. You don't shy away from tackling big ideas and challenges. You know how to create structure within the autonomous nature of your role. Experience with news, content, TV, web publishers or agency work preferred. Basic understanding of social platforms and analytics a must.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for assisting with the production of podcast content in field and studio.
- Booking and organizing recording sessions and crew with attention to budget.
- Organize calendars, contact lists and project assets.
- Research, develop and produce editorially rich story telling designed for a social and online audience.
- Understanding of podcast platforms, trends, and analytics.
- Find archival footage and negotiate with rights-owners for licenses.
- Arrange interviews and help oversee recording sessions, sometimes over remote connections.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated writing skills with careful attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational, project planning, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Demonstrated facility with editing on ProTools.
- Basic recording and audio knowledge a must.
- Prepares outline, formats and rough cuts for approval
- Maintains a regular and predictable attendance at WHYY offices in Philadelphia.
- Support third party production partners when necessary.
- Perform related special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Report to VP, Programming and Production.
- Must have sample scripts and a portfolio of work to demonstrate skills and abilities.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in production or related field or the equivalent professional experience is required. Familiarity with research, web content, development and Premiere editing experience is essential.
Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience in radio, podcast production, or equivalent, including editing of and audio material, experience working on short form pieces and previous experience preparing content for multimedia platform distribution is required.
Technical Skills: Must be able to operate recording equipment and have a strong understanding of post-production workflow; familiarity with social media and the podcast space is needed. Demonstrated ability to work with ProTools. Must possess a working familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
*This position is represented by SAG-AFTRA.