PopCulture.com: The writer will be primarily responsible for writing daily news desk articles that include but are not limited to scripted and reality TV news, celebrities, and general trending news. This is a nights and weekends role.
Greater Nashville Area
Jan 03, 2023
The writer will work with the PopCulture editorial and content team, in a fun and fast-paced media-centric agile environment. As a writer, you will be responsible for producing eight articles each day while also being able to recognize content lanes that continue to grow PopCulture’s influence in key areas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with editorial team members to produce the best of the best content
- Consistently hit target content frequency goals daily, monthly
- Help seek out entertainment news items that will move the needle
- Understand data-based writing so that PopCulture can stay at the top of each news cycle
- Bachelor's in Journalism, Communications, Online Media or equivalent
- 2+ years of professional experience, with a broad range of skills and experience in online content writing and distribution
- Strong understanding of reality tv, mainstream TV, celebrity culture, entertainment news and online trends
- Know the most current entertainment news cycles
- You have experience with fast-paced, but quality writing for the Internet
Strong initiative and the ability for creative thinking as it relates to PopCulture news desk workflow and content production