PrEditors are experienced post production professionals who combine producing and editing skills to create broadcast and distribution assets for program content that spans A+E Networks’ diverse content portfolio.
PrEditors are experienced post production professionals who combine producing and editing skills to create broadcast and distribution assets for program content that spans A+E Networks’ diverse content portfolio. This staff role reports to the Supervising Producers responsible for our formatting and versioning workflows.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Apply creativity and nonlinear editing skills to create assets for broadcast and distribution, including cutdowns, enhancements and revisions for standards & practices consistent with enterprise quality standards.
· Screen and prepare content, whether overseeing an assignment from start to finish or completing a project started by a producer.
· Preserve artistic and factual integrity, narrative thread and balanced storytelling throughout the formatting and versioning process.
· Make fixes and updates to existing assets including closed captions, audio description, and graphics updates including lower thirds, disclaimers and fact cards etc.
· Leverage a variety of source materials including existing masters, footage, images, audio stems, closed captions, graphics packages, and After Effects files to fix and create program assets.
· Coordinate with our editorial support staff when needed to ensure that materials used in edit are ingested, transcoded and/or standards converted using industry best practices.
· Collaborate with the media management staff to ensure that projects and media are organized properly for easy access and centralization.
· Partner with direct supervisor, Legal, Standards & Practices and others as needed.
· Adhere to departmental best practices for versioning control, naming conventions, metadata entry and storage of files and media assets.
· Upon completion of Edit, ensure that assets are delivered according to departmental SOP’s and that projects are successfully ready for conform and archive.
· Contribute subject matter expertise to ongoing initiatives and upcoming technological changes. Test new post processes and workflows.
· Train new hires and junior staff to use departmental systems and processes as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You’ll have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content through our media supply chain and out in front of the eyes of the world. And, you’ll collaborate with creative partners and stakeholders from across our brands as well as with operational teams throughout our technical facilities.
· You are agile, resilient, and comfortable working on diverse content across our brand portfolio.
· You are able to complete projects as expected and on time, with the ability to think on your feet to solve problems and collaborate successfully to complete your assigned work.
· You hold yourself accountable for success with minimal supervision, and can prioritize and manage your time effectively.
· You can confidently consider and apply creative input, and provide thoughtful insights to others as part of the collaborative process.
· You communicate professionally, and are able to raise up problems and concerns in concise, actionable terms.
· You can demonstrate understanding of color space, video and audio measurements, file formats, framerates, and format conversions as applicable to your assigned work.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
· 3+ years of experience editing and/or preparing factual and scripted content in a production company or network environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Television Production/Communication or industry equivalent strongly preferred.
· Proficiency with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Audition/ProTools. Knowledge of Avid is a plus but not required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Prior experience with Airtable a plus.
· Bi-lingual, fluent in written and spoken Spanish and English a plus but not required.
· Depending on business needs, you may be tasked to work off schedule including nights or weekends.
Annual Pay Range: $65,665 - $113,661
Annual Incentive Target: 7.50%