The News & Specials Producer-Editor will mainly support our News Lead Creative Producer. In this role, this person will be producing, writing, and editing promos for all Telemundo Network shows related to news.
Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area
May 24, 2023
The News & Specials Producer-Editor will mainly support our News Lead Creative Producer. In this role, this person will be producing, writing, and editing promos for all Telemundo Network shows related to news. The spots will include brand, breaking news, internal events, and news-special shows. The person hired is expected to create and develop ideas on assigned news or special multiplatform projects from concept to completion. Responsibilities include writing scripts, asset gathering, and producing completed spots or campaigns for on air, off-air, digital, radio, stations, media buy and corporate in any length or format required.
- Work in a rapidly changing environment
- Able to work in both supervised sessions and independently
- Deep knowledge of all technical standards of HD video and audio editing formats
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours and weekends as needed
- Expert knowledge of editing on AVID and AVID ecosystem (Interplay, Media Central, AVID Access)
- After Effects, & Photoshop is a plus
- +5 years of professional, full-time experience in television
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and guidelines news broadcast established for promotions
- Excellent Spanish oral, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to both conceptualize and execute
- Ability to diffuse and respond professionally to stressful situations
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize projects/assignments
- Able to complete simultaneous projects within deadlines
- Able to guide and direct our show talent in studio for any special promos
- Proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders
- Capability to work both collaboratively and independently, while remaining accountable & delivering projects on time.
- Proactively bring creative video storytelling solutions to communications challenges.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.