Previs Animators collaborate closely with the Previs Supervisor and VFX Supervisor to design and create shots and sequences ensuring the Director and Clients vision are met through dynamic camera movement, animation, composition, staging, lighting and editing.
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Apr 01, 2022
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for the following areas:
- Animation+Layout: Designing and animating shots over an entire sequence.
- Lighting+Rendering: Preparation of low tech, fast render aesthetic solutions.
- Editing: Compiling of sequences + sound design within Adobe Premiere.
- Troubleshoot assets and shots, continually looking for and suggesting improvements to increase overall efficiency and productivity
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work
- Capable of switching between quality levels of anim from rough blocking & staging to higher polish if and when necessary
- Comfortable communicating and collaborating with other departments across ILM
- Demonstrate flexibility with iterative process
- Take initiative to acquire new skills and think outside of the box
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required.
- 3+ years of experience in visual effects and/or feature animation film
- Proficiency with Linux and Maya
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experience in animation, previs and/or layout
- A reel demonstrating strong creative and technical ability in photo-realistic 3D with a focus on animation or previs
- Strong sense of composition, animation, blocking, camera movement and cinematic terminology
Nice to have:
- Basic knowledge of Nuke, Mari, Arnold, V-Ray, Zbrush and Photoshop
- Experience in modeling, rigging, texturing and lighting