KHOU 11, a TEGNA owned company, is on the hunt for a producer who’s decided there’s more to it than stacking & timing..
Houston, Texas Area
Dec 02, 2022
We want someone who’s a showcasing champion and a wizard wordsmith!
But wait…there’s more!
In this role, you will:
- Craft, build, mold, visualize, conceptualize the lead story, deep dive content, and specialized material for the newscast.
- Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing and new forms of media to enhance stories
- Work directly with Executive Producer & other management to consistently build a high-quality news show in the 4th largest city in the U.S.
- Use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Research facts and credibility
- Enterprise news stories
- Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
- Coach on-air talent to be exciting and engaging
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
- And most of all…have fun
- Degree in journalism, communications or related field
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills to deliver content and listen for ideas
- Knowledge of ENPS, Adobe, and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.