WTHR is the #1 TV & Digital station in Indianapolis, IN and we are looking for our next great newscast producer! In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day gathering, production & presentation of content as well as overall newsroom leadership.
We're a producer driven shop and we're looking for highly creative people who thrive on breaking news, showcasing and storytelling. We're looking for excellent writers, strong graphic visionaries, and candidates who know how to tie digital to broadcast and vice versa. If you're just looking to stack shows this isn't the place for you. We need people who want to create something new every day.
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
• Research for facts and credibility
• Deliver on-air, online news events in an engaging and accurate manner
• Use consumer analytics in determining content
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast
• Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
• At least 1 year experience inside a local TV newsroom
• 2-3 years experience producing preferred
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
• Must be creative, innovative thinker who comes to work with a vision for his/her newscast daily
• Candidate must be able to write compelling, clear and authentic copy – ENPS knowledge preferred
• Must be an excellent leader with stellar news judgement
• Maintains a level of calm during intense pressure situations, without letting the integrity of the newscast suffer
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
• Must be open to taking risks, breaking rules and thinking differently to create a compelling, relevant and visually appealing newscast
• Have proven skills in using social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.