WTOL 11-TV is looking for a Producer for our creative, and collaborative newsroom. The producer must be curious, and trustworthy in a newsroom with a strong editorial voice.
Toledo, Ohio Area
Mar 09, 2023
Our show producers create interesting and informative newscasts, with an emphasis on the use of video, graphics, and conversational writing.
The ideal candidate will share innovative ideas for daily content, while maintaining close attention to detail. This producer must be able to write concisely and execute the goals of the newscast while also meeting tight deadlines.
• Use creative production techniques like graphics, editing, and new forms of media to enhance stories
• Work directly with Executive Producer & other management team members to consistently build a high-quality news show
• Use social listening research, discover, and distribute content
• Write in an exciting, accurate and creative way
• Enterprise news stories
• Lead and inspire a team to work together for a great newscast
• BA/BS in journalism, communications, or related field
• 1-2 years' experience producing/line producing for newscasts preferred
• Understanding of basic journalism
• Proven experience producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time-sensitive deadlines
• Experience calmly handling live, breaking news situations, and changing events
- Work Environment: Office
- Physical Demands: Sedentary work
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.