Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Producer is responsible for pre-production, live production, and post-production of MSG’s Sports Betting linear show(s) -- working collaboratively with staff and on-air talent.
Greater New York City Area
May 10, 2022
Looking for an experienced freelance producer to intuitively develop and implement detailed production rundowns and facilitate the execution of each show. Working knowledge of the growing sports betting space and closely following moving lines, stats, trends, & datapoints that will inform picks & wagers. Lead daily production meetings and support a collaborative and energetic work environment with entire staff.
What will you do?
- A strong knowledge of 4 major sports (NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB) along with broad and current knowledge of soccer (MLS, Premiere League, etc.), Golf (PGA/LPGA), Tennis, and more.
- Comfort with leading and developing on air talent to create an energetic and entertaining LIVE sports betting studio show.
- Own the operation and production for LIVE sports betting programming to present excellent viewing experience for our sports betting & MSG Networks audience.
- Pre-Prod: work alongside EP/Directors, hosts/talent, to solidify and receive show plans, topics and segments
- Identify the days most compelling sports stories, moments, moving lines, and odds to segment topics, graphic elements, and overall show look.
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to communicate with multiple people (camera operators, on air talent, board ops) quickly
- Ability to think on their feet to adjust to evermoving lines and odds happening in multiple sportsbooks
- 3+ years experience as a producer in a large sports market is preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills that are innovative and results oriented.
- Performing management: Ensure shows don’t go over budget, that schedules are set, and marketing initiatives are being executed.
- Conduct meetings with staff to review progress of shows and ensure daily productive objectives are met.
- Link to work, reel, samples, etc.