Closer Look: Conceptualizes, develops, and helps produces daily in-studio and field programs, and/or segments of larger themed programs while maintaining Closer Look’s overall creative vision.
Makes decisions related to creative processes, content development and production. Works independently on standard segments, and assists with larger, complex and series or themed programs. Exercises a high level of creativity and executes programming assignments with minimal oversight. Fills in for technical staff performing editing and running audio board for live daily broadcast of Closer Look with Rose Scott. This position also allows for professional development and a pathway for promotion to a higher producer level.
- Work closely with Executive Producer & Sr. Producer to design overall sound and image of program consistent with Closer Look goals.
- Write and produce daily promos and/or specials.
- Research topics and themes to write scripts, line copy, and develop show content for host.
- Assist in developing novel and creative ways to present content.
- Participate in creative meetings to brainstorm ideas and select programming content.
- Aggressively identifies, selects, and books guests.
- Research guest backgrounds, develops some interview questions and pre-interviews guests.
Production & Postproduction:
- Produce Closer Look daily billboard and promos.
- Help determine the appropriate mix of sound elements for assigned shows and ensures that levels are mixed properly.
- Ensure that specific audio elements are up to broadcast standards before it airs.
- Assist where needed to present segments via digital platform.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in special field/community projects.
- Work with broadcast operations staff to coordinate logistics for remote broadcasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 4 years of experience at a radio station or audio production facility.
- Excellent creative writing and communication skills for radio.
- Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling on-air segments.
- Ability to execute ideas.
- Highly detail oriented.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of public media.
- Strong interest in current events and pop culture, as related to assigned segments and topics.
- Comfortable working with talent, artists and high-profile individuals.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work due to breaking news and special Closer Look community events.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Proficient in: Microsoft Office, Adobe Audition and or similar audio production software, mixing sound elements into a professional sounding product and operating an audio board.