The Producer is responsible for the day to day editorial production for virtual and in -real life events related to select franchises designed to excite, delight and engage our audiences: CITIZEN BY CNN, the network’s civic engagement brand and KEEP WATCHING, a members-only community for CNN Original Series & Films.
The position will partner with each brand team to - identify and develop event framing and topics, offer input into interview subjects and conduct pre-interviews that provide depth, insight and balance, conduct research and identify, help craft discussion narrative, write scripts, field produce and/or remotely supervise field production, supervise the edit process, obtain necessary legal clearance, and vet their individual projects.
We’re looking for a producer with strong editorial judgment to help generate compelling and creative discussion topics and guest ideas, booking guests and working with the talent and production teams to execute the event. The Producer will work closely with other senior producers and management to ensure that direction of segments fit the mission of each brand. Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas. This producer must have the ability to write package scripts, intros, craft questions for vibrant in real time conversation.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years editorial and digital news environment experience
- Proven ability to develop and produce video over mobile and/or television platforms
- Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
- Excellent writing, producing, and editing skills
- Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling
- Experience producing and coordinating live hits from a control room, a plus
- Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
- Quick thinker who thrives under pressure
- Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands