Univision Television Group is seeking a Full Time News Producer for their local newscast in Chicago, Illinois to produce award-winning content for the Spanish language broadcast network and produce content for digital and streaming platforms.
Univision Chicago is looking for a Full Time News Producer to join our team!
Univision Television Group is seeking a Full Time News Producer for their local newscast in Chicago, Illinois to produce award-winning content for the Spanish language broadcast network and produce content for digital and streaming platforms. Univision Chicago‘s Newscast at 5pm and 10pm is a market leader despite language in the 3rd largest market in English and 6th largest market in Spanish.
Candidate will lead in breaking news and severe weather coverage, needs to possess a strong understanding of investigative content and compelling storytelling across all platforms including streaming, production workflows and be able to lead in high stress situations. Strong preference is given to individuals with experience navigating open record laws, including FOIA and database analysis, an understanding of Chicago Hispanic demographics, geography, and newsmakers in the market.
Producer will coordinate the technical and editorial needs to deliver the editorial teams’ strategic vision by working hand in hand with reporters, writers, anchors, cameramen, assignment desk editors, technical directors, engineers, and news management. Producer will have a digital first approach develop, research, and produce investigative stories. Candidate must have a very strong command of Spanish language and will be required to write and edit scripts for grammar and news accuracy. Candidate should be very familiar with digital technology and social media and be committed to continue advancing their skills in a changing environment.
• Prepare rundown; assign, write, review, and edit all news scripts; control quality of copy, video and graphics to ensure a high-quality newscast
• Produce streaming content, breaking news and severe weather.
• Create graphics as needed for shows.
• Perform computer-assisted reporting research and database analysis
• Navigate open records laws, including FOIA
• Maintain highest standards of integrity in preproduction and execution of daily newscast(s)
• Think creatively, maintain a fast pace, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including live remotes, social media channels and satellite sources while acting as line producer
• Provide content for the station’s websites and social media channels.
• Responsible for writing and production of news briefs and promos
• Able to make quick, smart decisions in conjunction with other members of a news team
• Present a visually captivating and journalistically strong command of editorial standards, ethics and legal matters pertaining to broadcast
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a major news market.
• Working knowledge of newsroom operation system (iNews, vizRT).
• Must be bilingual with the ability to write fluently in Spanish and English.
• Must be comfortable leading a control room environment during live broadcasts.
• Able to work in a team environment to produce newscasts, specials, and breaking news