The Producer/Editor will be responsible for writing, producing and editing marketing and promotional content for Allen Media Group. This includes The Weather Channel television network and Local Now as well as direct-to-consumer properties TWC+, Sports.TV, The Grio, Comedy.TV, and HBCUGo Sports with a focus on creating on-air promos, social media videos, sizzle reels, and other multi-platform content.
Greater Atlanta Area
Dec 08, 2023
The Producer/Editor will be responsible for writing, producing and editing marketing and promotional content for Allen Media Group. This includes The Weather Channel television network and Local Now as well as direct-to-consumer properties TWC+, Sports.TV, The Grio, Comedy.TV, and HBCUGo Sports with a focus on creating on-air promos, social media videos, sizzle reels, and other multi-platform content. Responsibilities may also include ad sales-focused co-promotions, integrations or stand-alone commercials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Concepting, writing, directing, producing and/or editing engaging on-air promotional and brand videos from start to finish. Includes episodic and topical on-air promos, interstitials, sizzle reels, social media videos, and other long-form content.
- Help develop the look and feel of multi-platform branding campaigns, programming launches, and marketing partnerships.
- Executing innovative creative against challenging creative briefs, brand filters, and deadlines.
- Managing and scheduling production shoots, including directing talent as needed.
- Collaborating with internal programming partners and departments to develop new campaigns and marketing initiatives.
- Provide creative direction and help oversee overflow work of freelance editors, producers, and other creative help as needed.
- Work with marketing and traffic operations to get promos on-air and marketing materials distributed to external partners; ensure correct and accurate promos are running.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Media Studies, Broadcasting, Communications, Fine Arts or related field.
- At least 5 years of television promotion or advertising experience with a cable network, broadcast station, ad agency, post-production company or other media-focused company.
- Excellent writing and scripting skills, with a thorough understanding of television and cable network branding; must be able to write strong and engaging promotional copy.
- Experience organizing, overseeing, and executing promotional video shoots.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and on schedule.
- Familiarity with The Weather Channel and Local Now brands and their product offerings.
- Experience executing effectively against client creative briefs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Professionally skilled with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop)
- Experienced non-linear editor.
- Ability to write strong and engaging scripts and copy.
- Experience directing large and small-scale videos, shoots, and voice-over sessions.
- A strong sense of storytelling, and an eye for effective design.
- Full understanding of the fundamentals of the commercial production process and network branding.
- Must be a team player with a high level of accountability and strong work ethic.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to present creative concepts both internally and externally and interact with all levels across the organization.
- Able to multitask and prioritize a variety of creative projects at once.
- Adept at time management and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work the hours necessary when The Weather Channel shifts into 24/7, breaking news coverage.