The Producer/Editor is responsible for collaborating with show producers to create content for all broadcasts. The Producer/Editor will work to produce live and taped segments, curate and edit video as well as produce digital-related content for TV, social media, and OTT properties in Spanish. At times, this position will require creating text for video and correlating content to rundown format.
Greater Atlanta Area
Feb 01, 2022
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Experienced video editor on Adobe Premier/Dalet.
- Edit voiceovers, soundbites, packages and segments.
- Create and/or add Spanish text, graphics elements to content.
- Produce live and taped segments from concept to completion.
- Identify, research and locate video clips.
- Call show elements in the control room (when live).
- Maintains database of program content for archival use.
- Coordinate with producer and meteorologists rundown execution.
- Use Dalet for rundown format.
Education, Experience, Certification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related subject preferred.
- 3 years newsroom experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual: Fluent in written and spoken English & Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate multiple tasks and able to react to spontaneous changes in priorities.
- Excellent collaborative skills and ability to work well on a team.
- Strong non-linear editing skills preferred.
- Strong knowledge of multi-platform production techniques and language.
- Ability to enterprise story ideas and work on segments from conception to completion.
- Ability to work as a self-starter with minimum supervision.
- Excellent Written/Verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail.
- Editorial knowledge on current events related to the Hispanic audience.
- Social media experience preferred.