Charlotte, N.C. based Raycom Sports is a leader for compelling storytelling, production, and content distribution across all platforms. The responsibility of a Producer/Editor involves the creation, development and completion of original sports programming in a creative and cinematic way.
About Raycom Sports:
Charlotte, N.C. based Raycom Sports is a leader for compelling storytelling, production, and content distribution across all platforms. With an award-winning production team, Raycom creates original feature programming, produces RSN College Football & Basketball and manages the Atlantic Coast Conference’s archival footage, mobile applications, social media, and the official ACC website.
The responsibility of a Producer/Editor involves the creation, development and completion of original sports programming in a creative and cinematic way. This position requires the ability to independently visualize and execute a story using skills in producing and AVID video editing.
Essential Functions & Basic Duties (not limited to):
Editor (AVID Media Composer) -
• Storyboard, Research, and Visualize sports and entertainment documentaries.
• Create and execute a vision, build story content, and maintain video flow and feel.
• Build AVID sequences, follow story structure, and execute vision from start to finish.
• Have ability to make editorial content decisions independently in AVID.
• Build short-form videos, features, game elements and opens for live broadcasts.
• Produce long/short-form sports documentaries, stories, shows, and feature stories.
• Work both independently and with small crews/ teams.
• Organize AVID projects, media, archives, and execute into a timeline.
• Meet production deadlines on a timely basis. Some traveling is involved.
Field Producer (Red Gemini, Komodo, Sony F5/FS7) -
• Work efficiently and creatively with production crews in the field.
• Capture visual images and sound elements that apply to storytelling.
• Cinematography skills a plus.
• 8-years editing in non-linear applications and knowledge of post-production techniques (Avid Media Composer). Editing skills are essential.
• Ability to create, produce, edit, and execute programs, segments, features, teases, documentaries, both sports and entertainment.
• Experience organizing and executing projects with large amounts of media.
• Knowledge of audio/video storage and archiving procedures.
• Knowledge of technical equipment (audio/ video).
• Schedule shoots, crews, and produce/conduct interviews on site.
• Other responsibilities not related to specific job skills... include time management, the aptitude to communicate, and work cohesively in small groups.
• Adobe After Effects and Photoshop skills are a plus.
To Be Considered for this Position... Work Sample Reel must be submitted.