The Get Up Producer is responsible for day-to-day oversight of assigned studio productions. Responsibilities around each assignment include lead-up and in-show details, talent selection, creative direction, editorial decisions, team management and line producing.
Live Event / On Location Services
Sep 21, 2023
The Get Up Producer is responsible for day-to-day oversight of assigned studio productions. Responsibilities around each assignment include lead-up and in-show details, talent selection, creative direction, editorial decisions, team management and line producing. In addition, the producer will work with the Coordinating Producer to provide support and guidance on content philosophy and execution. The following position will be based in Bristol, CT but could require occasional travel.
- Responsibilities include building and executing show rundowns including adjusting rundown for breaking news.
- Lead morning and post-show meetings drawing ideas for show staff for future shows.
- Able to apply sports knowledge and latest news to create relevant discussion topics and creative segments.
- Approve all scripts.
- Provide feedback for show staff including on-air talent.
- Assess ratings and make informed content decisions off the ratings data.
- Manage and Mentor younger staff members as they begin and navigate their ESPN careers.
- Implement sales elements in show.
- Record music logs.
- Must have a minimum of six years of experience line producing
- Excellent Communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency with computers
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks
- Established knowledge of sports and sports history
- Good writing and copy editing skills
- Must have a high school diploma
Preferred Education :
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or TV production.
Additional Information: Must be able to work early in the morning, all holidays and weekend shifts