LXTV Productions is looking for a New York based Producer to work on their lifestyle series and specials, with an emphasis on the travel series 1st Look.
LXTV is the National Emmy® award winning lifestyle production company of the NBC Owned Television Stations group, a part of the NBCUniversal Local division. LXTV produces original series and specials, including “1st Look,” a travel show which spotlights the best places to eat, play and indulge; “Open House” and “Open House NYC,” where audiences get a look at America’s most lavish homes and get design ideas, advice and inspiration from the industry’s emerging and established names; “George to the Rescue,” a home improvement show where design and construction experts help families and communities realize their home improvement dreams.
LXTV shows are available on NBC owned and affiliated stations in the U.S. and internationally, on Peacock and the NBCLX Network, as well as through digital out-of-home platforms including taxis, gas stations, buses and nail salons.
- In this role, the Producer will be expected to operate the main A-camera in the field while simultaneously producing and directing both talent and crew. Having strong video photography skills, while also leading with a curiosity towards their subjects and subject matter is essential.
- Reporting to the 1st Look Executive Producer, the Producer is responsible for all aspects of their projects and the day-to-day management of shows, digital, and social content, and a variety of integrated projects. They are comfortable leading creative discussions with brand clients and collaborators. The ideal candidate understands the current landscape of branded content and is constantly innovating and pushing the creative to speak to the current state of the world.
- Candidates must have strong command of and proven hands-on experience with shooting/operating lead camera, writing, producing, directing, booking, research: any assortment of these skills are required for all assigned productions. Editing skills is a big plus. Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends. Travel is often required.
- Must be an expert collaborator, with the strong leadership and management skills required to take full and independent ownership of demanding projects and shows.
- Producing duties will include: collaborative creative development and ownership of the project’s vision, client interaction, location scouting, preparing relevant contracts and releases in conjunction with legal, coordinating preproduction communication, creation of call sheets and relevant crew information, oversight of on-set production, cost accounting, review and assessment of work product to ensure all team notes have been addressed.
- The successful candidate will be punctual, fiscally responsible and savvy, highly organized, proactive, able to multi-task many projects, provide excellent client communication (both written and verbal) and manage both creative personalities and demanding clients with ease and diplomacy.
- Manage and lead all aspects of pre-production, production, and post-production.
- Strong photography skills while producing and directing both talent and crew, with a curiosity to tell a deeper story
- Stay current on industry and technology trends and foster innovative production solutions.
- Responsible for managing and adhering to schedule and budget.
- Clearly communicate timelines, budgets, deliverables, goals and expectations with internal team members, management, external partners, and clients.
- Navigate simultaneous demands, prioritize resources appropriately, and mitigate associated challenges.
- Ensure all creative deliverables and assets adhere to standards and manage QC through post and delivery.
- Facilitate all materials getting to their destinations on time, including final masters for trafficking.
- Actualize, document, and archive all projects.
- Anticipate and resolve conflicts diplomatically.
Salary range: $75,000 - $100,000.
- 6+ years of experience as a producer with photography skills within a production company or relevant experience.
- Must possess organizational and problem-solving abilities, pivot quickly when needed
- Superb communicator and relationship builder
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple work streams at the same time
- Must be able to accommodate work schedules; travel is a must
- Knowledge of the latest production techniques, sources, production capabilities, and overall industry best practice
- Extensive knowledge of post-production and understanding of deliverables for all media platforms
- Experience with clients interfacing and delivering branded content
- Ability to build, review, update and stay on budget and contracts.
- Strong photography skills with a curiosity to tell a deeper story
- Must be able to work in the NY office as well as remotely
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.