Nightline has an opening for a Producer. The main role of the Producer is to develop, shoot, write, oversee edits of video projects from start to finish while meeting the strictest of deadlines.
Greater New York City Area
Apr 27, 2023
Nightline has an opening for a Producer. We are looking for someone who is extremely creative, hungry, and eager to break the mold in the new streaming world while pushing forward in the broadcast. This role is best suited for someone who has the passion for immersive storytelling, the time management skills of a daily news crasher, as well as long form magazine-style sensibilities.
The main role of the Producer is to develop, shoot, write, oversee edits of video projects from start to finish while meeting the strictest of deadlines. This includes sometimes turning 8-minute pieces in one day, and other times over a few weeks – depending on the project. Producer works on both the broadcast show and streaming show.
- All candidates should have extensive production experience and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- A willingness to work different shifts, as needed, and thrive under daily deadline pressures. Open to working long hours, weekends
- A minimum of 3 years of experience at producer level with a proven track record at well-regarded network, production company, or equivalent
- Communication skills (written and verbal) – ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels and in various disciplines of business and production
- Entrepreneurial, strong self-starting approach to work
- Working knowledge of cameras and related gear
- Working knowledge of Avid editing systems or equivalent
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as needed, sometimes with short notice
- Experience with breaking news and longform content
- Must feel comfortable crashing, and enjoy fast-paced breaking environment
- Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in NYC is $99,000 to $136,000 per year.