NBC Boston / NECN / Telemundo Boston, the NBC Owned Television Station triopoly, is looking for a passionate, experienced, and innovative producer to join the largest special projects unit in New England.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Boston Area
Jan 13, 2023
You’ll be working out of a new state-of-the-art broadcast media center that is home to the triopoly and NBC Sports Boston.
The successful candidate will be expected to enterprise and produce news stories, contribute to major breaking news events, and produce special shows for our broadcast and streaming platforms. We are building a culture of innovation and experimentation
- Research, develop, write, edit, and produce enterprise news stories
- Collaborate with our investigative, consumer and political reporters to turn stories
- Generate short form and long form content for our streaming platforms
- Develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive reports
- Produce special events, debates, and long-form specials
- Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events
- Support the news department during breaking news and major events
- Produce live broadcasts or field produce live events for all platforms
- Assist in the planning of special event coverage
- We are looking for a creative thinker who is willing to experiment with telling stories in non-traditional ways to reach new audiences across any device.
- The applicant should have a good understanding of how to deliver meaningful and impactful stories for our digital and broadcast platforms. An understanding of how to tell stories on our digital platforms is a must. This is not an entry level position.
- Minimum of 3 years of television news line producing experience
- Minimum of 3 years of technical skills in news production including creating show rundowns
- Proficient in desktop editing
- Impeccable reporting and storytelling skills
- Collaborative spirit and an openness to continue learning
- Demonstrated ability to use digital platforms to reach audiences
- Ability to present stories for all station platforms
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
- Understanding of computer-assisted reporting and working with spreadsheet programs
- Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit and desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future
- Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
- Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor
Please include at least five examples of your best work on both broadcast and digital with your application.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume
- Must be willing to work in Needham, MA (Greater Boston)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shift and willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Day, Evening, Overnight