CBS O&O in Dallas-Fort Worth (KTVT) seeks an exceptional multi skilled dynamic Producer to join our fast-paced special projects team.
As our producer you thrive in a fast-paced newsroom, pitching original story ideas, conducting interviews, writing scripts, and creating basic data maps. We are looking for a self-starter who can juggle multiple stories every week, on investigative, consumer, health, and human-interest stories reinventing new ways we can reach our content consumers.
Come be part of our rockstar team of journalists. DFW is the only top 5 market where quality of life can actually-be affordable. Journalism matters. Local matters!
- Write, research skills and shoot/edit
- Work closely with Special Projects Team to develop and execute compelling content for both linear and digital platforms
- Review and edit reporter scripts to ensure accuracy, quality, and compliance with all FCC requirements and legal issues
- Work with Creative Services Department to assist in promotion of special projects pieces on multiple platforms
- Plan and execute content to support community partnerships and station events
Preferred Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or technical degree in Broadcast Journalism
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a news producer, reporter, or special projects producer
- Two (2) plus years in a medium or large market
- Strong writing, research skills and ability to shoot/edit are required
- Communications, or allied field preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required
- Must be results-oriented, innovative, and demonstrate leadership and teamwork