Are you a go-getter with a passion for news, writing, and storytelling? Do you thrive in an ever-changing team environment? Then joining Spectrum Networksas a Producer may be right for you.
As a Producer, you’ll work in a fast-paced, fiercely accurate, 24/7 breaking newsroom. You’ll use innovative journalistic approaches, informed by sound research, to produce exclusive and informative content. Your commitment to viewers and your craft will make an impact on people’s lives and your career.
WHAT OUR PRODUCERS ENJOY MOST
● Being part of a large news organization with a coast-to-coast network
● Writing creative, original content for shows and newscasts
● Making decisions on story lineups, video/audio elements, graphics, and timing
● Collaborating with teams to produce live and recorded TV newscasts—from concept to air
● Coordinating coverage of major stories, breaking news, and specials
● Engaging viewers with relevant and timely news that matters
We’re a dynamic team working together toward a specific broadcast. Here, you’ll find yourself behind-the-scenes in a boisterous newsroom and on the occasional field assignment. Prepare to come in every day filled with drive and a commitment to viewers. This is more than a job; it's a service to the communities where we work and live.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO SPECTRUM NETWORKS
● Education: Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience
● Experience: 3+ years of TV news and line producing or equivalent experience
● Technical Skills: Editing software such as Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro
● Skills: Broadcast news writing (including tease writing); strong editorial judgement and journalistic integrity
● Abilities: Effective communication, excellent interpersonal skills, multitasking, time management, collaborative, positive attitude, detail-oriented
● Schedule: Ability to work a variety of schedules including early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays