Responsible for overall production, content, and every element of each newscast.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Denver Area
Aug 29, 2023
Targeted Pay/Range: $50k-55k
- Responsible for overall production, content, and every element of each newscast.
- Responsible for being a key communicator in the newsroom- talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast (i.e. Executive Producer, Managing Editor, anchors, Digital, MMJ's and production crews).
- Understand newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all the platforms.
- Create and publish stories in our website and social media and OTT “El Boost”
- Must select stories, understand all the elements, and design a newscast that achieves the daily goal.
- Knowledgeable on daily news events, awareness of past news events and know what news in the Denver market.
- Execute Live Shots and Satellite Remotes during live newscasts.
- Select, assign, write, and organize news stories. Write headlines, teases
- Respond to breaking news with urgency and accuracy.
- Coordinate and plan future community and social story development.
- Work with Reporters and Multimedia Journalists to improve story and presentation.
- Editing skills to edit video clips.
- Write news scripts, Digital articles, OTT content, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals.
- Work closely with producers, News Director, Executive Producer and Managing Editor on story/sweeps planning and coordination.
- Contribute story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings.
- Leadership: take responsibility for own actions and take risks for the team and be a team player.
- Complete discrepancy reports with detail and accuracy to help prevent future problems.
- Understand and follow all Telemundo Colorado News standards and ethics.
- Reports directly to the Executive Producer.
- Minimum 2 years producer experience.
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish and must be able to speak, read and understand English.
- News judgment with solid ethical decision process.
- Ability to edit in news edition program (ie. Edius and Stratus)
- Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills a must.
- Be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle intense deadline pressure.
- Ability to pitch local stories and make contacts with the community
- Must be willing to work long hours, varying shifts (including nights and weekends) and report to work in emergencies depending on news coverage when necessary.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or greater.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
• Leadership qualities
• Take an active role in selecting the stories of the day - come up with story ideas that reporters can turn in one day, create producer driven content to enhance our coverage of the big story and other stories that appear in the newscast.
• Anticipate problems and address them throughout the course of the shift, eliminate all factual/spelling/other errors that appear in the show. If a problem arises, address it immediately.
• Ability to resolve conflict.
• Bring creativity into every aspect of the newscast.
• Ability to perform under tight time deadlines