This is a unique opportunity to produce News for television and multiple digital outlets. We are looking for a creative leader with strong writing skills and impressive news judgment.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Detroit Area
May 30, 2023
This is a unique opportunity to produce News for television and multiple digital outlets. We are looking for a creative leader with strong writing skills and impressive news judgment. They will be gathering, building and designing content for on air newscasts, live streams and social medial platforms. The producer will create graphics, write and copy edit stories, and edit video. But more importantly they will be working with reporters, fellow producers, and photographers developing a plan for finding the most compelling news stories and presenting them in a way that will engage the audience. The producer is responsible for timing the live presentation of the newscast from the control room and making live editorial decisions during the broadcast. Strong communication skills are essential to the success of this candidate.
Work collaboratively with news team to determine which stories will impact our community the most and need to be in our news presentations
· Helps determine order stories are told on air, on stream and on linear broadcasts.
· Time broadcasts and insure they are correct on the stream and on air
· Assign Multi-Skilled Journalists
· Complete simple video edits for daily newscasts
· Establish and maintain relationships/sources in the community
· Produce content for Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites
· Perform other duties as assigned
Work creatively and efficiently with Executive Producers, Anchors and Multi-Skilled Journalists.
· Must be an excellent writer whow produces accurate engaging copy
· Must be able to operate iNews and newsroom automation systems.
· Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
· Must have very strong social media skills and be able to contribute on all platforms
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends
· Must be a team player and able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
Knowledge of Metro Detroit's cultural and economic history is a plus.
· College degree in Journalism/Communications/Broadcasting preferred; equivalent experience