The Production Accountant (Animation) will manage the overall financial responsibilities for the assigned Nick Animation series production.
The Production Accountant (Animation) will manage the overall financial responsibilities for the assigned Nick Animation series production. This position will work closely with Production Management, Line Producers and Finance to manage the budget, forecast, and performance tracking activities of the animated series to ensure complete, accurate and timely cost reporting and cash planning.
- Assist with day-to-day management of production finances and relationships related to animated series production spend, including processing invoices in ARIBA, payroll, time card submissions, rolling forecast updates, scenario planning, journal entry processing, expense research, account reconciliations and ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Conduct ongoing meetings with production teams to analyze the budget versus actual spend, and identify areas for reallocating funds to remain on plan, and report on any risks and opportunities to management.
- Coordinate the release of timely cost reports, production variance schedules, dashboards, production cash flows and production post-mortems.
- Provide and present clear, accurate and timely production planning scenarios and analysis to Finance and Production teams.
- Assist with the processing of POs and vendor set-ups.
- Contribute to the design and build of analytical reports and tracking tools used for reporting and analysis.
- True-up productions Estimated Final Costs (EFC).
- Analyze, track and research variances regarding actuals vs. budgets/estimates, ensuring that all data is properly loaded into financial systems and information managed to relevant client groups where required.
- Partner with production teams to update cash flow pacing and update financial systems, providing cause of change versus prior forecasts.
- Assist with requests regarding continuous improvement initiatives, production/studio matters, cash flow analysis, journal entries, and internal/external audit requests as necessary.
- Various duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or minimum of 3 years of Finance/Accounting experience in a related field.
- 3+ years of finance/accounting experience preferably within the media/entertainment landscape. Prior production accounting and/or animation production finance experience highly desired.
- Excellent teamwork, critical thinking, communication, and leadership skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Would consider hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
- Strong working knowledge of accounting for episodic Animation TV properties.
- Ability to forge partnerships with producers, production managers and studio executives.
- Experience with SAP a plus.
- Familiar with Local 839 IATSE Agreement related to animation guild contracts.
Weekly Hiring Salary Range: $1,400.00 - 1,500.00.