The Production Assistant (PA) works in the Production Management department on Animated feature length films, short films, long form series titles, and/or special projects at Walt Disney Animation Studios.
The PA works within and among production departments to provide day-to-day administrative and project support including, but not limited to, note taking, meeting scheduling, meeting preparation, and meeting assistance. In addition, PAs assist in communicating artist assignment progress through artistic rounds and reviews.
Role Specifics & Responsibilities:
- The PA ensures the accuracy of information by communicating in a timely and organized manner. The PA assists and supports the Production Coordinator, Production Supervisor, and department leadership with day-to-day issues and projects as they arise.
- The position reports to the Production Supervisor and falls within the jurisdiction of the OPEIU collective bargaining agreement at our Burbank, California, studio.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a professional working environment
- Bachelor’s degree in film / TV production, Animation, or equivalent experience preferred
- Production and project tracking experience using spreadsheets, databases or database software (such as Shotgun/ShotGrid) a plus
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or Keynote, Google Docs
- A keen interest in Animation Production Management and the Animation production pipeline is essential
- Proactive and able to work effectively independently; seeking guidance when necessary
- Positive attitude; demonstrating the ability to be resourceful and flexible
- Demonstrated ability to work with discretion and be sensitive to confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and change course of action quickly
- Strong people skills, including the ability to work as part of a team
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent multi-tasking, organization and follow-thru skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Previous Disney, agency, production or project management experience preferred
- Education or professional experience in animation a plus
- College degree or equivalent preferred
*This position falls within the jurisdiction of the OPEIU collective bargaining agreement.
*The pay rate for this role in Burbank, CA, USA, is $20.58/per hour.