Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Production Assistant/Researcher will support multiple programming initiatives across live and original content spaces rooted in sports betting.
Greater New York City Area
May 13, 2022
The Production Assistant/Researcher will be involved in the general day-to-day production responsibilities – including production scheduling, pre-production planning, and logistics – as well as assisting with the research and insights needed across multiple programs. The ideal candidate will also assist in collaborating with other divisions across the organization to coordinate show production and planning.
What will you do?
- Execute assigned projects in a manner that is appropriate and on brand for MSG Networks.
- A strong knowledge of 4 major sports (NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB) along with broad and current knowledge of soccer (MLS, Premiere League, etc), Golf (PGA/LPGA), Tennis, MMA, and more.
- Working knowledge within the sports betting space with the ability to understand stats, trends, & terminology that will inform interested and casual bettors. Strong knowledge is an asset.
- Assists with the operation and production for our LIVE sports betting programming to provide an excellent viewing experience for our sports betting & MSG Networks audience.
- Work closely with the director, producers, and talent to solidify show rundown, topics, and segments day-to-day.
- Identify compelling storylines, moments, line movement, trends, and other elements to drive overall look and feel of shows.
- Ability to communicate across departments to facilitate production timelines, scripts, and
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with an innovative approach and result-oriented
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media, communications, and other related degrees
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in television production.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs.
- Self-starter, eager to work on a small team managing multiple assignments at one time and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Flexible and open to the changing demands of the business
- You are willing to work in New York and able to travel when needed for work