WTHR’s 13News, Indiana's news leader, is looking for a full-time Production Assistant who can join the Production Team in executing live newscasts and field productions.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Indianapolis, Indiana Area
May 03, 2023
WTHR’s 13News, Indiana's news leader, is looking for a full-time Production Assistant who can join the Production Team in executing live newscasts and field productions. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn about the many facets of local television and can use our technology to create dynamic, energetic, and engaging content. The person filling this role will be tasked with operating studio and control room equipment for live newscasts, assisting with remote setups for live and post-produced initiatives, and editing content for 13News newscasts and commercial clients.
In addition, Production Assistants are responsible for running teleprompter and floor directing as needed, as well as operating audio consoles and gimbal cameras. In this role, you’ll also be part of our automated news environment which includes training to code on our Ross OverDrive system, operating robotic cameras and opportunities to direct cut-ins and packaged news content.
We are looking for someone to bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
• Working knowledge of basic studio operations (cueing talent, running teleprompter, etc.)
• Working knowledge of non-linear editors (Edius or Premiere preferred)
• Basic knowledge of Ross Overdrive or Grass Valley Ignite
• Basic knowledge of ENPS or iNEWS
• Customer service-focused approach to working with other departments and outside clients
The minimum qualifications for the position include:
• Four (4) year college degree or equivalent related experience
• Two (2) years of experience in college or professional broadcasting environments
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and work well with others
• Strong organizational, communications, and time-management skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
• Ability to lift and operate handheld studio and field camera weighing 15 pounds for 20 minutes at a time
- Work Environment: Office
- Physical Demands: Sedentary work
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.