The Production Assistant for Erin Burnett Outfront works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 09, 2023
Your Role Accountabilities…
- The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs, helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics.
- Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, running prompter and for pitching both package and guest ideas.
- They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly.
- The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines.
- The PA will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
Must be able to regularly work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Qualifications & Experience…
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- One year of production or related experience with some experience in video and graphics. Newsroom experience preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to be detail oriented
- Knowledge of current events and strong editorial judgement are also important
- Able to juggle many tasks at once.
- Experience in editing a plus.