The Production Assistant is a critical team member on "The Lead with Jake Tapper." Our PAs are responsible for assisting all edit, segment, booking, and senior producers with a range of tasks.
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Nov 17, 2023
The Production Assistant is a critical team member on "The Lead with Jake Tapper." Our PAs are responsible for assisting all edit, segment, booking, and senior producers with a range of tasks. That includes researching, identifying, pitching, ingesting, and editing video. It also includes researching; ordering and/or crafting; and proofing on-screen fonts and graphics. Our PAs have a strong hand in crafting and executing digital strategy, including building social media presence, publishing, and briefing on analytics. And our PAs are consultants for our producers, ready to help realize their vision segment-by-segment to make sure our show has the smartest take and the strongest elements.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Research, pitch, and execute production of video and graphic elements for segments and guest interviews for a daily, live two-hour news program
- Edit individual video elements
- Fact check and quality check video and graphic elements
- Assist video producer during live control room production
- Create and publish social media content for multiple platforms as well as work with team to evolved and adapt our social media strategy
- Consult with segment and senior producers on editorial and elements, including finding and pitching elements each day
- Liaise with CNN's designers for custom images and templates
- Liaise with CNN's legal, standards, and rights and clearances teams to properly source show elements
- Liaise with CNN's various beats, desks, and teams to procure quality video in a fast-paced production environment
- Follow along with video feeds, satellite feeds, guest logistics, and many other elements of live and taped production
- Participate in live production on election nights
- Mentor show team interns
- Demonstrate excellent editorial judgement
Qualifications & Experience...
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study or equivalent experience
- At least one year experience working in news with some control room experience
- Background in video and graphic production
- Background in social media content creation and publishing
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, breaking news environment
- Proven attention to detail and enthusiasm for proofing your work as well as others' work in a collaborative, but demanding environment
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once
- Demonstrated detail-oriented approach to work
- Strong knowledge of and interest in current events, Washington news, political news, and breaking news
- Strong editorial judgement
- Ability to be persistent, but professional and diplomatic
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- A teamwork-oriented and collaborative approach to work