You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the General Manager and her team.
Specific activities, such as our end-of-program Demo Day, will include scheduling 100+ executives, interacting regularly with their offices/Executive Assistants, and securing event locations and other logistics, as required. In addition, this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leader and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help the GM and her team flourish. As the “face” of the General Manager of the Accelerator within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component to its success. Every day as Production Coordinator is different, working alongside incredibly talented, senior technology and creative executives!
- Primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination for Disney Senior Executives, CEOs/teams of startup participants, the Accelerator team, and likely a film production crew;
- Reports to GM of Disney Accelerator, while also working with other coordinators/interns/staff on the Accelerator team to keep operations organized and efficient;
- Perform as a significant point of information on the program with the ability to thrive in balancing multiple needs, projects, and tasks at one time;
- Organize, schedule, track, manage, and distribute Accelerator materials (schedules/company, spreadsheets, internal physical displays) that facilitate program operations;
- Anticipate and communicate issues to leadership to reach solutions in a timely manner;
- Establish a daily/weekly process for communicating program targets, assignments, and priorities to program participants as well as the Accelerator team;
- Check in with Accelerator team and program participants on a regular basis regarding deadlines and deliverables;
- Keep a weekly synopsis of team milestone accomplishments and next steps;
- Plan ahead for physical and virtual event logistics; execute travel schedules worldwide; reserve equipment, locations, and resources needed for program execution; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts on a heavy and often-changing calendar;
- Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely;
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking;
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals so you understand the mission of the office;
- Purchase all office supplies for the department, pay invoices, handle mail and shipments, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts;
- Plan high-profile, complex events like Demo Day, Open Houses and offsites as well as smaller-scale gatherings such as program meals;
- Perform special projects, as needed.
- At least 4 years experience in production/project management and/or equivalent experience;
- Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines;
- Sharp, professional written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar and a robust vocabulary;
- Complete integrity and reliability handling confidential information;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected;
- Proven attention to detail and follow-through;
- Confidence to learn new programs, hardware and software when necessary;
- Strong proficiency in both Macs and PCs, phones and office equipment (please note there is a Mac-dominant preference on this team);
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs and Google Suite;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leader and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter- and intra-team relationships;
- Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis – we value work/life balance, but for certain program milestones, it is reasonable to assume a bit more time will be needed;
- Ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible; and
- An exceedingly professional and welcoming demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude. This final point cannot be underestimated, as it is the foundation of how we work across so many high-level executives.
- Good working knowledge of Slack, Zoom, Powerpoint, Keynote, project/production management;
- Good skills in SAP, Sharepoint and Concur preferred or ability to quickly learn them if unfamiliar;
- Enthusiasm to bring and consistently stay up-to-date on best practices in organization and team data management;
- Experience working in a large publicly-traded company;
- Enthusiasm for innovation.