The Production Coordinator will cover the desk of the VP, Animation and Production. They will provide administrative support in scheduling meetings and keeping the VP up to date on all scheduling-related tasks including travel, general meetings, production records, and milestones across a portfolio of projects both in production and in development.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 10, 2024
The Production Coordinator will cover the desk of the VP, Animation and Production. They will provide administrative support in scheduling meetings and keeping the VP up to date on all scheduling-related tasks including travel, general meetings, production records, and milestones across a portfolio of projects both in production and in development. They will support to keep the small, but busy department up to date on all meetings and creative submissions. Candidates should have a passion and general knowledge of the animation landscape and the talent pool of artists, writers, and directors across the industry. Candidates may be expected to join production and creative meetings on occasion to take detailed notes. They will be based in Burbank but also work closely with teams in San Francisco as well as creative partners across the globe. This position will provide broad exposure to all facets of animation development and production across a wide portfolio of animated projects at Lucasfilm.
On occasion, this position may assist in voice record prep working with the Sr. Casting Manager at Lucasfilm Animation. Multi-Tasking is key for the Production Coordinator
What you’ll do
- Support the VP, Animation Production by managing their calendar, scheduling meetings, screening and prioritizing all incoming phone calls, meeting requests, mail and any formal communication, creating presentations and coordinating other key events.
- Arrange, coordinate, and confirm all travel arrangements on behalf of the VP. This may include coordinating travel for external/production crew as necessary or required. Ensure that all schedules are distributed, appropriate parties are kept up to date, and that all arrangements are within policy and make most efficient use of organization funds.
- Manage and track expense reports and receipts; reconcile corporate credit card accounts regularly according to company policy.
- Organizing internal spreadsheets and logging data across all animation projects (writer lists, director lists, material submissions) and keeping the information up to date.
- Interface with agents/manager offices to schedule general meetings.
- Attend select meetings, take development notes, and be responsible for distributing them
- Work with other team members and the VP of Animation Development and Production to schedule and prioritize key meetings and keep the VP of Animation appraised of weekly deadlines.
- On occasion, print and distribute scripts, schedules, cue sheets for record sessions
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animation, Art, Film or related filed preferred.
- 2 years of experience in Development/Production minimum, preferably in Animation.
- Strong creative point of view and love of storytelling across movies, TV, shorts – both in animation and live action.
- Requires excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and follow up/follow through skills required.
- Requires excellent administrative and note taking skills.
- Capable of handling high volume of activity and meeting deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrates professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Able to communicate with poise and professionalism with all levels of executives, management, and staff, including high-level entertainment industry talent, agents, vendors, and with a diverse set of personalities and work styles.
- Highly organized and excellent follow through skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks with a high level of detail and accuracy
- Demonstrates ability to partner well with others and build strong, effective relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Gmail, Power Point, Key Note
The hiring range for this position in Burbank is $51,578.00-$66,045.00 per year.