CNN Design is seeking a full-time Production Designer to complement our creative team. Your primary focus as a motion designer will be supporting live television with innovative, effective animations on time and on brand.
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 22, 2023
CNN Design is seeking a full-time Production Designer to complement our creative team. Our team is an industry leader in motion design, animated graphics, still graphics, scenic design, and sound design. This position works in collaboration with the Department Directors and Production Managers to lead the network’s creative initiatives on-air. Additional responsibilities for certain non-telecast projects may include, but not limited to, town halls, print collateral, and staff development initiatives.
Your primary focus as a motion designer will be supporting live television with innovative, effective animations on time and on brand. Visual journalism is your passion and graphic explainers is your language. You are an experienced problem solver with excellent design skills that sees the big picture but doesn’t overlook the details. Strong organizational skills and efficiencies are second nature to your workflow. You succeed when your team succeeds and openly seek feedback and share solutions. You are comfortable with change and adapt accordingly with professionalism, empathy, and a positive attitude.
Your Role Accountabilities…
- Accomplished designer with exceptional skills creating visually compelling, animated content for CNN domestic programming that successfully support editorial content goals.
- Ability to take a verbal script and translate complex ideas into easily understandable visual presentations for television.
- Must have a working knowledge of timing to music, sound design and voice track.
- Thorough understanding of CNN Design standards and Style is appropriately applied and advocated on all projects. Sound editorial thinking applied when producing graphics in support of news content.
- Comfortable working independently and pro-actively communicates with team members status updates. Able to balance time with workload to consistently deliver high-quality results.
- Presentation skills and collaborative ability to clearly articulate design concepts and rationale to team members and clients.
- Ability to quickly determine graphic needs during breaking news and promptly and accurately, expedite all necessary elements with editorial stakeholders to ensure needs are met.
- Expert multi-tasker, able to manage competing priorities under tight deadlines while maintaining strict accuracy, visual clarity, and technical standards.
Qualifications & Experience…
- BA/BS or BFA/MFA degree in motion design, animation, graphic design, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience producing high-end creative work for live television.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Familiarity of Plugins such as RedGiant, Boris FX, Sapphire, etc. Basic understanding of MOGRTS and expressions. 3D experience using Maxon Cinema 4D for motion design is a plus.
- Experience with mapping programs such as Google Earth Studio or AE GeoLayers.
- Display outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with other teams under pressure.
- Embrace working in a diverse, collaborative environment with a willingness to train and assist other designers on various levels. Actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department.
- Excellent computer, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule around project deadlines, which may include nights and/or weekends
- Resume will not be considered without a motion reel, no exceptions.
- Be prepared to highlight 2-3 case studies and specific contribution for each.