KUSA is looking for a Production Manager to oversee the technical production operations for 9News, Daily Blast Live, parades, sporting events, and remotes.
KUSA is looking for a Production Manager to oversee the technical production operations for 9News, Daily Blast Live, parades, sporting events, and remotes. This position will manage the production and directing team, provide strategic direction for production workflows, and ensure on-air operations are executed successfully. The production manager will work closely in all areas of the business from sales, programming, content, marketing, and engineering.
The ideal candidate will be a strong manager of people, will be an advocate for new technology, and a creative problem solver. This position will report to the Head of Technology and Operations.
- Supervise 9News production and directing team and ensure all shifts are staffed and performance standards are met.
- Manage production crew, equipment, and vendors for remote productions to include major sporting events, local specials, and political shows.
- Ensure on-air operations are executed and downtime is minimal.
- Master control management, show delivery, and local show preparation.
- Coach, teach, and direct news, sports, and special shows.
- Graphics creation and editing.
- Lead production systems setup, training, and workflows.
- Including Sony ELC and switcher, audio, Chyron graphics, Bitcentral video playout, BTI, ENPS, and other production tools.
- Oversee media management and platforms.
- Collaborate with the Newsroom Operations Manager, News Director, and Head of Technology.
- Primary coordinator of on-air operations with the Tegna Stream Center and master control.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Self-motivated leader with 7-10 years of broadcast and production experience, including directing newscasts/sporting events.
- Extensive knowledge of video cameras, lighting, editing systems, directing, master control, and remote field production.
- Must be willing to work overtime, flexible shifts, and outside in varying weather conditions.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
Budgeted Compensation Range: $75,000 - $85,000