Toronto International Film Festival: The Production Manager (Content) carries each request from pitch to delivery through a nimble production mindset, always-reliable follow-through in terms of execution, and strong collaboration skills. Key responsibilities will include overseeing video and photography capture request intake, scheduling, in-field management, and delivery for the Festival.
Live Event / On Location Services
Toronto, ON, Canada
Jun 08, 2023
Jul 10, 2023
Sep 17, 2023
Reporting to the Senior Manager (Content), the Production Manager (Content) fulfills a critical role within Brand & Media’s Content team, project- and production managing in-house video and photography output for the Toronto International Film Festival and TIFF Bell Lightbox’s internal and external stakeholders during the Festival season.
In collaboration with the Senior Manager (Content) and Production Manager (Brand & Media), the Production Manager (Content) carries each request from pitch to delivery through a nimble production mindset, always-reliable follow-through in terms of execution, and strong collaboration skills. Key responsibilities will include overseeing video and photography capture request intake, scheduling, in-field management, and delivery for the Festival.
- Shall include but not be limited to:
- Project and production manage video and photography components of campaigns, in-person and remote events and activations, and projects for the Toronto International Film Festival and TIFF Bell Lightbox’s internal and external clients
- Lead production management of Festival video and photography content capture plans — for on-stage events, talks, installations, activations, fundraisers, etc. — including
- Determining team capacity and hiring crews accordingly
- Creating and maintaining shoot schedules and call sheets
- Fielding and negotiating capture requests from internal and external clients
- Collaborating with other internal and external video and photography teams to determine capture strategy and workflows
- Documenting content capture workflows, standard rules and regulations, and technical delivery instructions
- Light field directing, as necessary
- Maintain and oversee network of freelance professionals (Videographers, Photographers, Producers, DITs, and more), including
- Preparing contractor agreements and negotiating rates
- Coordinating equipment rentals
- Ensuring timely processing on invoices with Finance
- Onboarding freelancers to internal capture and delivery workflows and protocols
- Supervising day-of movement and communication
- Ensuring timely delivery of assets from freelancers
- Manage production schedule of large-scale Content activations and projects (i.e. interview suites, portrait studios, live broadcasts, etc.) alongside respective lead producers, which includes
- Drafting, implementing, and supervising project workbacks
- Clarifying resources, scope, and project needs of requests
- Determining achievable deadlines with stakeholders
- Alongside Senior Manager (Content), supervise the Content team’s production budget for Festival expenses as well as revenue, tracking all transactions via Netsuite, ensuring 100% compliance
- Manage spaces run by the Content team, including: interview suites, podcast studio, and edit suites; Includes equipment purchases and upkeep
- Help shape workflows for project implementation, production, post, and delivery, incl. process determination, documentation, and tooling
- Other production responsibilities, as required
RATE OF PAY: $30.00/Hourly
TARGET CONTRACT DATES: July 10, 2023-September 17, 2023
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of training and work experience
- 5+ years experience in a creative production and/or development role, ideally at a film, media, or arts institution, or within the film/television industry
- Solid understanding of pre-production, production, and post-production processes
- Highly organized, proactive project manager adept at balancing multiple fast-turnaround projects simultaneously
- Resilient critical thinker and problem-solver who can gracefully adapt to unfamiliar, difficult, or high-pressure situations
- Hyper-collaborative, accustomed to working with and understanding the needs of various internal and external partners
- Experience dealing with high-profile talent and clients
- Network of Toronto area industry freelance professionals
- Familiarity with project management tools (i.e. Trello)
- Basic accounting skills
- Agency experience a plus
- Ability to learn quickly, hit the ground running
- Self-motivated with excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- A fun attitude, and a team player
- Adaptable to a flexible work schedule including some evenings and weekends
- This position requires being in office on a regular basis.
HOW TO SUBMIT & APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- All applications must be submitted online through TIFF’s Career Centre.
- Please upload your cover letter and resumé as PDF, before the deadline of June 16, 2023.
CLOSING: We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview are contacted.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time.TIFF regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas; however, TIFF considers and welcomes individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position. For consideration to those on time-limited Visa status, your Visa must allow you to complete the full contract.
Please send any questions via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org.