MSNBC is looking for a Production Manager to work across MSNBC’s streaming, live specials and digital portfolio.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Feb 13, 2023
- Oversee logistics and delivery for all of MSNBC’s streaming live specials and digital content.
- Coordinate all schedules pertaining to the content, talent and staffing across the portfolio
- Participate in the planning and execution of special events for our streaming and digital productions
- Manage the delivery process with Peacock and other digital partners around edit, key art and meta data.
- Scheduling team coverage, managing vacation requests.
- Coordinating onboarding of new employees with HR and direct managers to ensure a smooth entry process.
- Plan training for new and newly promoted employees to establish best practices and knowledge of NBC News & MSNBC protocols.
- Filling in on live programing, at varying levels, as needed.
- Act as liaison with other departments throughout news organization.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in some form of journalism or production required.
- Strong knowledge of American politics, history, and global news.
- Strong research skills.
- Candidate must be able to work at a high capacity under daily deadline pressure.
- Wide-range reader and consumer of news from a variety of sources.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- Salary range: $65,000-$100,000