Bozeman, Montana: The Montana PBS Production Services Producer manages, produces, directs, and finishes high quality content contracted through Montana PBS. This includes instructional, promotional, and educational videos, as well as coverage of live events such as lectures, sports, and performances.
Live Event / On Location Services
Jan 22, 2024
The Montana PBS Production Services Producer manages, produces, directs, and finishes high quality content contracted through Montana PBS. This includes instructional, promotional, and educational videos, as well as coverage of live events such as lectures, sports, and performances. The position leads seeking, planning, and negotiating production contracts and collaborating with a variety of public and private entities and is expected to develop budgets, track costs, and meet yearly revenue goals within the Production Services department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Solicit projects, produce, direct, shoot, edit and finish high quality, impactful post-produced and scripted content on a contract basis for a variety of public and private clients, delivering meaningful and profitable content.
- Direct, shoot, produce and edit high quality, impactful live coverage for various events, including lectures, presentations, events, and performances, for streaming and broadcast audiences, while continually innovating and improving productions.
- Achieve annual departmental revenue goals, track production costs on projects, establish and work within designated budgets, and continually develop new client relationships and productions.
- Supervise, maintain, provide recommendations for upgrades to a variety of equipment, including cameras, streaming gear, post- and production edit suites, as well as effective and organized long term archiving schemes and equipment.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of teams and clients including Montana PBS digital engagement, education, MSU departments, public and government entities, and the private sector.
- Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student or subcontracted crew members of varying experience levels.
- Work collaboratively within Montana PBS Production Services on all types of productions assigned by the Director of Production. This may include working to direct/edit/produce content specifically for broadcast on Montana PBS. (e.g., news-public affairs, history-documentary, performing arts and drama programs).
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in film & television or closely related field. Progressively responsible professional experience, with or without post-secondary education, may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated effective communications skills and ability to manage multiple, complex productions simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with effective budgeting, contract negotiations, and meeting annual revenue goals.
- Progressively responsible professional television production experience with multi-camera live and post-produced content.
- Demonstrated professional experience applying live and post-produced broadcast television theory and practice including effective directing, writing, shooting, editing, lighting and audio recording and mixing, both field based and studio-based environments.
- Demonstrated professional experience with and knowledge about television production equipment including cameras, field audio, edit suites, DAWs, color correction systems, routers, live studio equipment and all-in-one production systems.
- Proficiency and demonstrated understanding of storytelling, media asset management, professional broadcast workflows and distribution, live and post-production software and hardware.
- Ability to thrive in high-energy, collaborative, and deadline-driven setting.